Monday, July 18, 2011

Tempted to put horse on Sumner train

An Orting reader responded to a Google News link that ran on my blog last week with the following email note to me regarding an exert from Orting Mayor Cheryl Temple.

"...the comment from the mayor, that we won't have bus service, does that mean that we can stop paying the RTA tax that they hit us with?  Even on my horse trailer I have to pay the RTA tax, I have been tempted to take the horse to Sumner and try to put her on the train, her vehicle pays the tax so she should be able to ride!!!"

The comment she was referring to was in a recent article in the Bellingham Herald that said, "Pierce Transit will no longer serve Orting and Buckley, and Bonney Lake and Sumner will see reductions, along with other parts of the county. In Orting, “we’re frustrated” by the loss of service, said Mayor Cheryl Temple. “Our ultimate goal is to find a way to serve the people.”

To read the entire article go to:

You can email your opinions and ideas to Mayor Temple at ctemple@cityoforting.org  or if you'd like them published here in the blog,  email them to me at jrmadison@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment